Saturday, October 19, 2013

Just had to share!

My friend, Kaaren from the Painted Quilt, dropped in to the shop for a visit this morning! She's lending me some of her beautiful quilts to display in the shop. She had a stack of them on the counter, and as we went through them, there was this treasure about two from the bottom!!


Oh my, it's absolutely awesome! She and our friend Debra, made this beauty for me! I'm so thrilled! The picture just doesn't do it justice, I wish you could see it in person! Kaaren designed to reflect the shop logo and she ROCKED it! Thank you so much Kaaren andDeb, it means the world to me.

I'm so blessed with great friends. Gail has been helping almost every day to get things ready for opening, my mom has been there cleaning, organizing and quilting, her husband Terry has been doing some electrical work, Rose has come to help paint and give suggestions and of course there's been my hubby, working like a crazy man to get things ready! I know there are others too, my sister, my Aunt Linda and Uncle Vernon and so many that have offered this and that, and leant a few things! It's all coming together! Less than two weeks!

13 comments:

  1. Wow! That is a super sweet little quilt. Love the special touches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kaaren & Debra have made such a pretty quilt, lovely colours too. It's always nice to hear of friends and family getting together to help bring a project together, we are so lucky to have such friends. Best of luck with your shop, I'm sure it will go from strength to strength.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a nice feeling it must be to have a wonderful circle of supportive people going into this adventure! I can hardly wait to visit in about 3 weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful additional display quilt for your shop... how very sweet of Kaaren and Debra! I'm so excited for you and wish I live closer that 1,000+ miles! Your excitement is bringing back memories of my days as a quilt shop owner...

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a special treasure you received from the girls! I hope to see it in person...planning a trip up your way the first week of November!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the blackbird. I hope you'll share lots of shop photo's.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely wonderful , such talented friends , I love it ! Sounds like you have everything under control , would love to be there for the grand opening .

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a gorgeous lovely surprise. I'm sure you feel very special. Congratulations on the new shop.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Darlene. I'm one of Kaaren's followers and I just want to wish you all the best with your new shop. It sounds so exciting! I wish I lived closer so I could visit and see all the wonderful things Kaaren has told us about.

    I'll be following your blog as well to keep up with your progress.

    Kindest regards :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Best of luck! Hope to someday visit your new shop.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Darlene, I too am a follower of Kaarens. Your shop sounds lovely and the quilt is a very special treat. Would love to be able to visit.
    Best wishes

    ReplyDelete
  12. I was sent by Kaaren. Good luck and best wishes for your new quilt shop venture!!

    ReplyDelete